We combine extensive experience in the natural sciences with up-to-the-minute knowledge of the risks and opportunities clients face in bringing their discoveries to market.Cognizant of the high costs and long development times involved in transforming inventions into products, our lawyers and advisors build successful intellectual property strategies designed to maximize market opportunity and protect against competitors.
Universities, research institutions, startups, and investors value our extensive experience in molecular and cell biology, developmental biology, biochemistry, genetics, transgenic organisms, neuroscience, immunology, drug delivery, and tissue engineering. From strategic counseling to patent prosecution, due diligence, legal opinions, and litigation support, we deliver business-oriented counsel that achieves our clients’ most important goals.
Biotechnology IP Services
- IP strategy development
- IP audit and landscape analysis
- Prosecuting and filing patent applications in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions
- Representation in patent interferences, reexamination proceedings, and international oppositions
- Litigation support
- Due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and partnering
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements
- Trademark prosecution and counseling
Below are exemplary patents that we have obtained for our clients in the biotechnology industry:
- US Patent No. 7,618,448 "Polymeric, Degradable Drug-eluting Stents and Coating" assigned to Tepha, Inc.
- US Patent No. 7,576,261 "Nematode Resistant Transgenic Plants" assigned to University of Georgia Research Foundation, Inc.
- US Patent No. 7,575,921 "Spore-like Cells and Uses Thereof" assigned to VBI Technologies, L.L.C.
- US Patent No. 7,399,591 "Dual Resonance Energy Transfer Nucleic Acid Probes" assigned to Georgia Tech Research Corporation
- US Patent No. 7,279,463 "Triple-helix Forming Oligonucleotides for Targeted Mutagenesis" assigned to Yale University