The Medical Device IndustryMedical device products range from sophisticated electronic implants to simple surgical staples. As new opportunities emerge in this arena, competition to introduce new products in the marketplace will intensify. A strong intellectual property (IP) position will play an increasingly strategic role in attracting capital, speeding development and securing market advantage in the medical device industry.
Medical Device ExpertisePabst Patent Group LLP can help medical device developers bring new products to market with the full protection that their intellectual assets demand. Pabst Patent Group’s unique background in the life sciences field gives us a unique ability to assist medical device companies in the protection and development of their IP.
Medical Device IP ServicesWe provide a full range of services to our medical device clients, including:
- IP Strategy Development
- IP Audit and Landscape Analysis
- Prosecuting and Filing Patent Applications in the US and Foreign Jurisdictions
- Representation in Patent Interferences, Reexamination Proceedings, and International Oppositions
- Litigation Support
- Due Diligence for Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnering
- Drafting and Negotiating License Agreements
- Trademark Prosecution and Counseling
Exemplary Medical Device PatentsBelow are exemplary patents that we have obtained for our clients in the medical device industry:
- US Patent No. 7,282,020 "Deflectable Implantation Device and Method of Use" assigned to Microspherix LLC
- US Patent No. 7,230,153 "Multilayer Conductive Appliance Having Wound Healing and Analgesic Properties" assigned to Argentum International LLC
- US Patent No. 7,140,365 "Inhalation Apparatus" assigned to MannKind Corporation
- US Patent No. 6,802,811 "Sensing, Interrogating, Storing, Telemetering and Responding Medical Implants" assigned to Endoluminal Therapeutics, Inc.