At Pabst Patent Group (PPG), we design innovative intellectual property strategies to help medical device companies speed the development of their inventions, attract capital, and secure market advantage.With an extensive background in the life sciences industries, our team combines a sophisticated grasp of complex technical details with a multifaceted understanding of the commercial marketplace for medical device technologies. Clients count on us for a wide range of business-focused intellectual property advice, including strategic counseling, patent prosecution, due diligence, legal opinions, and litigation support.
Our foremost objective is to help our clients bring new products to market with the full protection that their intellectual assets demand. From sophisticated electronic implants to simple surgical staples, we help leading medical device companies turn their medical inventions into true revenue-producing assets.
Medical Device IP Services
We provide a full range of services to our medical device clients, including:
- IP strategy development
- IP audit and landscape analysis
- Prosecuting and filing patent applications in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions
- Representation in patent interferences, reexamination proceedings, and international oppositions
- Litigation support
- Due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and partnering
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements
- Trademark prosecution and counseling
Below are exemplary patents that we have obtained for our clients in the medical device industry:
- US Patent no. 10,952,856 “Spinal Fusion Containment System” assigned to FreeseTEC Corporation
- US Patent no. 10,945,669 “Flowable Electronics” assigned to Arizona Board of Regents on Behalf of the University of Arizona
- US Patent no. 10,874,771 “Oriented P4HB Implants Containing Antimicrobial Agents” assigned to Tepha, Inc.
- US Patent no. 10,568,728 “Absorbable Implants for Plastic Surgery” assigned to Tepha, Inc.
- US Patent no. 10,626,521 “Methods of manufacturing mesh sutures from poly-4-hydroxybutyrate and copolymers thereof” assigned to Tepha, Inc.