Pabst Patent Group (PPG) helps pharmaceutical companies protect the intellectual property underlying new drugs and medical treatments, commercialize their discoveries, and attract investment.Our lawyers and advisors have advanced degrees and extensive experience in pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, polymer chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, genetics, neuroscience, immunology, drug delivery, and regulatory affairs. This focus, combined with our deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, gives clients a crucial edge in navigating this complex, constantly evolving legal environment.
We take the time to learn about our clients’ business goals and build proactive strategies that minimize risk and deliver superior value. We understand the business and science of drug discovery—from the high stakes involved in financing research and development to the rigorous and arcane regulatory process for new products. In close collaboration with clients, we provide the full gamut of intellectual property counsel, from strategic counseling to patent prosecution, due diligence, legal opinions, and litigation support.
Pharmaceutical IP Services
Services we have provided our pharmaceutical industry clients include:
- IP strategy development
- IP audit and landscape analysis
- Prosecuting and filing patent applications in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions
- Representation in patent interferences, reexamination proceedings, and international oppositions
- Litigation support
- Due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and partnering
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements
- Trademark prosecution and counseling
Below are exemplary patents that we have obtained for our clients in the pharmaceutical industry:
- US Patent No. 7,621,740 "Mahonia Aquifolium Extract, Extraction Process, and Pharmaceutical Composition Containing Same" assigned to Prime Pharmaceutical Corporation
- US Patent No. 7,585,520 "Compositions Containing both Sedative and Non-Sedative Antihistamines and Sleep Aids" assigned to Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc.
- US Patent No. 7,534,449 "Targeted and High Density Drug Loaded Polymeric Materials" assigned to Yale University
- US Patent No. 7,387,792 "Pharmaceutical Composition for Compressed Annular Tablet with Molded Triturate Tablet for both Intraoral and Oral Administration" assigned to Collegium Pharmaceutical Inc.
- US Patent No. 7,279,457 "Rapid Acting Drug Delivery Compositions" assigned to Biodel Inc.